Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: 802 drivers?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member robertbartsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2009
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 802 drivers?

    Can someone comment on the motors in the 802 Vs. 806? The 806s look much smaller; therefore, I assume the 802s developed more power in the gap; right?

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member Earl K's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    513
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Re: 802 drivers?

    2

    8 9 1011

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member
    802 drivers?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 802 drivers?

    Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    Can someone comment on the motors in the 802 Vs. 806? The 806s look much smaller; therefore, I assume the 802s developed more power in the gap; right?

    The obvious is all true...cheaper driver, smaller mags, less efficient....
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #14

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: 802 drivers?

    These are now for sale. Look like tangerine phase plugs to me!
    Agreed.

    But, what i cannot perceive from his pics is the length of the driver body.

    If that's a "short" 806 type body, then that is indeed the very first one i've ever seen with a tangerine.

    The 23746 stamped on the cover is correct for the 806 type driver for 9849, i'd just like to see the body length to verify in my own mind that it's an 806 tangerine.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member
    802 drivers?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 802 drivers?

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    Agreed.



    If that's a "short" 806 type body, then that is indeed the very first one i've ever seen with a tangerine.

    There were indeed 806 tangerines, but only in cabs OEM AFAIK.

    I do not think Altec ever offered them as an "item".
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  7. #17
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: 802 drivers?

    Well, I'm getting one complete speaker to make a pair with mine. I'd like to have 2 of the same hf drivers.
    I should have worked a deal for 2 complete speakers, oh well. The 9849 is a confusing beast.

    I'll let you guys know what I end up getting.

    I'll be looking for one HF driver and either one 414-8E or one 414-8C....

    Thanks for all the info guys! I tried to help the seller here.

    Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.